Friday, April 23, 2010

so dom,

I am the discard friend. I have known this since fifth grade so it's not a surprise or anything, but I'm really getting sick of it. My friends only want to hang out with me when they have no one else, which is what inspired the poem "Bad Friends". Take this one friend, for example. Last year, she made friends with some other girl. End of the year, said girl quit talking to her. So my friend starts talking to me out of the blue because the whole time she was talking to the other girl, she ignored me. So beginning of this year, we are friends. Other girl, let's call her OG, comes in again and they make up. My friend, we shall call her MF, decides she doesn't need me anymore and so quits talking to me. When we have plans, she cancels, saying she can't go. Then I hear she has been hanging out with OG instead. She can't call me or txt me because she's doing it with OG. So then they start fighting again, two weeks ago, and suddenly she's all buddy-buddy again. WTF? I'm a person too, should I be treated like this? They don't need me. I guess I don't need them. But it would be nice if there was actually someone out there willing to be a true friend and not just use me when they felt like it. Whenever I say something, they call me jealous. I say "it's not that you're with other people, it's how you treat me when you're with them" and they huff and it just makes things worse. What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment