Tuesday, October 19, 2010

shadoe valentine




"...damn, i got a mean flow
now keep your eye on me like a peephole..."
- shadoe valentine (fallin sky - mad world mixtape)

mmm hmm. is that so? well now that i see ya, it's time to dig beneath the surface of this 20 year old wonder by the name of shadoe valentine:

dom: who is shadoe valentine? in other words, what is the history behind the name?

shadoe: Shadoe Valentine is a complex mind, relaying his thoughts over tracks. I just want to get people to think. I feel many people don't actually listen to lyrics as much as they use to. Ironically, the name is self is not suppose to be thought provoking, it's just a name i came up with that sounded good.

dom: okay now Red Velvet. diggin the album. for anybody who hasn't heard it, give us a little history behind it.

shadoe: Red Velvet was a concept i came up with a couple years ago with my producer Nick Leon. The name is a metaphor for blood (no relation to the gang lol). It just symbolizes the nature of the album which is dark and violent, but the actual sound of of the album is smooth (like velvet) and laid back.

dom: what would you say is the best track on the whole album and why?

shadoe: There isn't necessarily a "best" track i think every piece of work i do is my best, but my favorite would have to be between "Top Down" and "God MC". I like "Top Down" just because of the over all feel of the track, the lyrics are on point the flow is smooth and the beat is incredible. "God MC" is just me showcasing my lyrical ability. I feel the execution was flawless, and the beat was just epic.

dom: how many other projects do you have out? list them

shadoe: aww man, ummm I have "Red Velvet", I'm on "Heart of The City" which is a mixtape from an artist named Jay Burna, I'm on "Water Break" which is a mixtape from a miami artist named Mikey, I'm on "Tha Binge" and "Light Switch" which are two mixtapes from B.Payne Tha Rapper, DJ Scoopz "Flawda Street Bangaz Vol.2", and i also have a new mixtape coming out Oct 31st called "MAD WORLD"

dom: most artists are listed by genre. what would yours be?

shadoe: I would be listed under MUSIC, i don't want to be casted into any specific genre. I just make music and that's all i want to do. If anyone feels that i belong in a certain genre than that's where i'll be in their mind. As long as they're listening that's all that matters.

dom: fair enough. hot people in the game right now. past/present, who would you "compare" to?

shadoe: with all honestly i couldn't tell you. I know who i want to be compared to though. When it's all said and done, I would like to be compared to Rakim, Eminem, Tupac, Big L, Big Pun, MF Doom, Royce da 5'9. I just wanna be up there with some of the greatest lyricist. I strive to be great and that's what i will be.

dom: that's a good list. last question, give me a line you spit that describes the story of your life.

shadoe:
"Some people had good ideas, but couldn't execute it
and truly the people around were too abusive
it makes you want to be reclusive
if you aint chasing what you see in your sleep, you dreams are useless"

this is a line off of a song i have on MAD WORLD called "Thinking". It relates to me because there are many people i see who give up their dreams because there are people constantly telling them its unrealistic. If everyone thought like these people who are shutting down the dreams of others, we wouldn't have any innovators, leaders, or entertainers. I choose to follow my dream, and i think everyone should too, otherwise you might be miserable for the rest of your life because you are too busy wondering what could have been if you just pursued your dream.

check out shadoe valentine vids below:





well done shadoe. you have earned the dom seal of approval.

Dom
if nobody feels you, i feels you, feel me?
be easy coz life is hard...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another good one dom! by the way your friend looks alot like craig david
sarajane336

Post a Comment