Sunday, July 18, 2010

mary part 3


So rumor has it that you were hanging out with Young Cash and "THE Stripper Club King" T-pain. I gotta know, what went down?

Rumors are completely correct, I hung out with Cash and Pain this past week. I woke up Tuesday morning to a text from Tpain, and nearly had a heart attack. Pain also emailed me a cover of one of my songs (which we recorded Wed night) that he had worked on. I met them at the studio Tuesday night, hung out for a little, then we headed out! Went to four different clubs in Duval (yes, one was a strip club-). Definitely had to be the most insane night of my life haha. Wednesday night, we recorded "What This Means", one of my older songs, in the studio. Pain added drums and a third guitar to it. I'm actually supposed to be getting the final mix back very shortly- it sounded great! Thursday night, we went to the Plies concert at Plush. I got to watch the Plies concert FROM THE STAGE standing next to Pain and Cash. Hands down, most awesome thing ever.

In two words, what's T-pain really like?

Describing T-pain in two words? Absolute Genius. I got to watch him work in the studio, and I can't even tell you how impressed I was. Everything he does with music is incredible. ABSOLUTE GENIUS.

Did anything futuristic career-wise come from this? What's next for Mary Rose?

As for what's next, I have no clue. I'm supposed to be hearing back from them sooner or later as to what this all meant. This week was an absolute whirlwind of events. I'm hoping that I get some more recording time out of this, and I still want to record the acoustic of "I'm A Freak" in the studio, so I'll be talking to Cash about that (since we both live in Duval). Regardless of what happens, this was definitely a week I won't ever forget. Plus, it's encouraging to know that someone as famous as Pain would take the time to fly here and meet me, then work with me on one of my own songs. Like I said, the experience in itself was worth it. I'll still be writing and producing my own music, regardless of what becomes of this. And of course you can expect some new rap covers soon!

For all the NBA fans out there, who's gonna win the next 7 championships?

As for the winners of the NBA, I couldn't tell ya. However, I met a couple players from the Detroit Lions Thursday night, and they are biiiiggg dudes. That's all I've got to say about professional sports haha.

let me help you out with that one on behalf of all your fellow citizens of florida...miami heat if they get past okc thunder. i'm jus saying...

Dom
if nobody feels you, i feels you, feel me?
be easy coz life is hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment